Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Conrad O'Dea <ri...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/12 15:55:13 UTC

problem invoking on JAX-WS provider

Hi,
after getting over the recent HTTPs problems (thanks Polar!) I'm running
into some more problems updating our service to the latest version of CXF.

This service is kind of RESTful: it's implemented as a Provider which is
using XML/HTTP.  The Provider Implementation is annotated like this:

@WebServiceProvider(serviceName = "ModelProvider")

@ServiceMode(value = Service.Mode.PAYLOAD)

@BindingType(value = "http://cxf.apache.org/bindings/xformat")

public class MyProvider implements Provider<Source> {

}

and is published like this;

    Endpoint ep = Endpoint.create(HTTPBinding.HTTP_BINDING, provider);

    ep.publish(address);

With the exception of the @BindingType annotation, this is pretty similar to
the restful_dispatch sample.

The problem that I'm seeing is that when a consumer tries to invoke on the
service, there's an exception thrown in
the ProviderInDatabindingInterceptor.  Even a HTTP GET causes the problem.
 The stack trace is below.  I've tried messing about with the service (such
as removing the @BindingType annotation) but I generally get the same
behaviour.  I'm not using any external configuration for the service.

Can anyone shed any light as to why this is happening or suggest what I may
be missing?

thanks

Conrad

     [java] Jun 12, 2007 2:44:29 PM
org.apache.cxf.interceptor.AttachmentInInterceptor handleMessage
     [java] INFO: AttachmentInInterceptor skipped in HTTP GET method
     [java] Jun 12, 2007 2:44:29 PM
org.apache.cxf.interceptor.StaxInInterceptor handleMessage
     [java] INFO: StaxInInterceptor skipped in HTTP GET method
     [java] Jun 12, 2007 2:44:29 PM
org.apache.cxf.phase.PhaseInterceptorChain doIntercept
     [java] INFO: Interceptor has thrown exception, unwinding now
     [java] java.util.NoSuchElementException
     [java]     at
java.util.concurrent.ConcurrentHashMap$HashIterator.nextEntry(
ConcurrentHashMap.java:1116)
     [java]     at java.util.concurrent.ConcurrentHashMap$ValueIterator.next
(ConcurrentHashMap.java:1136)
     [java]     at java.util.Collections$UnmodifiableCollection$1.next(
Collections.java:1010)
     [java]     at
org.apache.cxf.jaxws.interceptors.ProviderInDatabindingInterceptor.handleMessage
(ProviderInDatabindingInterceptor.java:54)
     [java]     at org.apache.cxf.phase.PhaseInterceptorChain.doIntercept(
PhaseInterceptorChain.java:162)
     [java]     at
org.apache.cxf.transport.ChainInitiationObserver.onMessage(
ChainInitiationObserver.java:63)
     [java]     at
org.apache.cxf.transport.http_jetty.JettyHTTPDestination.serviceRequest(
JettyHTTPDestination.java:255)
     [java]     at
org.apache.cxf.transport.http_jetty.JettyHTTPDestination.doService(
JettyHTTPDestination.java:214)
     [java]     at
org.apache.cxf.transport.http_jetty.JettyHTTPHandler.handle(
JettyHTTPHandler.java:54)
     [java]     at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(
ContextHandler.java:712)
     [java]     at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle
(ContextHandlerCollection.java:211)
     [java]     at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(
HandlerWrapper.java:139)
     [java]     at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:285)
     [java]     at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(
HttpConnection.java:502)
     [java]     at
org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(
HttpConnection.java:821)
     [java]     at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java
:513)
     [java]     at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(
HttpParser.java:208)
     [java]     at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(
HttpConnection.java:378)
     [java]     at org.mortbay.jetty.bio.SocketConnector$Connection.run(
SocketConnector.java:226)
     [java]     at org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(
BoundedThreadPool.java:442)

RE: problem invoking on JAX-WS provider

Posted by "Liu, Jervis" <jl...@iona.com>.
Hi Conrad, I've fixed the NoSuchElementException, but not sure if this fixed your service as well. If your service still does not work, would you be able to provide a simplified test case so that we can reproduce the problem you are having? Thanks.

Cheers,
Jervis

Registered Number: 171387