Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jack <jb...@sympatico.ca> on 2002/11/29 16:05:59 UTC

FW: struts with ojb, multiple repositories

 I'm using an application scoped 'service' which uses ojb's odmg
 implementation as done in Chuck Cavaness' Struts Model Components
 chapter. Works well with one repository. I now need to use two
 repositories. I've worked out the configuration for multiple
 repositories (one postgresql db, and one mysql) in ojb, which
 'works' but am concerned about threading issues given that
 OJB.java holds open one database at a time. I've also reviewed
 Chuck's Beer4All app and it seems to take a slightly different
 approach, getting an instance of the 'service' from a service
 factory from within a base action. Is this latter approach better
 for using multiple ojb repositories in a Struts framework ? Can
 the O'Reilly book example be modified to handle multiple
 databases in odmg...

   - jack