Posted to dev@phoenix.apache.org by Dimitri <gr...@gmail.com> on 2017/03/24 00:21:38 UTC

Re: python-phoenixdb

Hi,

I make some update on my fork of Lukáš Lalinský phoenix python lib.

I integrate sqlalchemy and correct some bug.

you can find the code source on https://github.com/Pirionfr/pyPhoenix
and it's available in https://pypi.python.org/pypi/pyPhoenix

regards
Dimitri Capitaine

Re: python-phoenixdb

Posted by James Taylor <ja...@apache.org>.
Thanks, Dimitri. A pull request would be great. Looks like the outstanding
items are:
- Fixing licensing
- Deciding on package structure. FWIW, the phoenix-spark module has scala
code, so this is a little bit of precedence for non Java code.
- Tweaking our release process/scripts to handle Python appropriately. Is
that an ASF way of releasing Python libraries?

I haven't looked yet, but is there good test coverage for all this? What
about backward compatibility - any tests in place to validate that nothing
gets broken from release to release?

Thanks,
James

Re: python-phoenixdb