Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Torstein Hegbom <to...@itpolaris.no> on 2009/05/20 10:05:56 UTC

Compilingproblem

Yesterday I registered an issue in Jira (a suggestion to solve a problem),
but I enclosed the complete files instead of just including just the
changes. So I thought I should get the most updated version of the source.

To get the most updated version of OFBiz I checked out the complete source
into a new project in eclipse, and tried to compile, but I got the following
error:

\ofbiz2\applications\content\src\org\ofbiz\content\webapp\ftl\RenderSubConte
ntTransform.java:

143: cannot find symbol : method
renderSubContentAsText(org.ofbiz.entity.GenericDelegator,java.lang.String,ja
va.io.Writer,java.lang.String,java.lang.String,org.ofbiz.entity.GenericValue
,java.util.Map,java.util.Locale,java.lang.String,org.ofbiz.entity.GenericVal
ue,java.sql.Timestamp)

location: class org.ofbiz.content.content.ContentWorker

                         ContentWorker.renderSubContentAsText(delegator,
contentId, out, mapKey, subContentId, subContentDataResourceView,
templateRoot, locale, mimeTypeId, userLogin, fromDate);

To me this looks like a problem in the content-handling-logic, where the
class ContentWorker seems to be missing. I am certain that this is a problem
at my computer, but could anyone help me to understand what I should do to
make the source compile.

Thanks.

Torstein

Re: Compilingproblem

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Thanks for report,

groovy_support looks like explaining the error message I got when running from Eclipse.
I will have a look later at both issues

Thanks

Jacques

From: "Torstein Hegbom" <to...@itpolaris.no>

SV: Compilingproblem

Re: Compilingproblem

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Fixed at r776656

Jacques

From: "Jacques Le Roux" <ja...@les7arts.com>

Re: Compilingproblem

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

From: "Torstein Hegbom" <to...@itpolaris.no>

Re: SV: Compilingproblem

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Try compiling from the command line and see if it works.
 From the OFBiz root:
ant clean
ant

If it works there then it's an eclipse configuration issue.

Regards
Scott

SV: Compilingproblem

SV: Compilingproblem

Posted by Torstein Hegbom <to...@itpolaris.no>.

Re: SV: Compilingproblem

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
if you have made changes to the code, then a merge file is created that
causes problems till you edit the merged file.
you go down the list of files that were updated and or merged, when you
updated.

Torstein Hegbom sent the following on 5/20/2009 1:40 AM:

--
BJ Freeman
http://www.businessesnetwork.com/automation

Re: Compilingproblem