Posted to user@oodt.apache.org by Sheryl John <sh...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/17 20:50:56 UTC

Building Workflow

Hi,

I am trying to build the Workflow Manager on ubuntu 11.04. I checked out the
latest subversion from https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/oodt/trunk/workflow.
Currently when I run the command   *mvn package, *there is an error while
building POM.

root@ubuntu:/usr/local/src/workflow# mvn package
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO]
[ERROR] FATAL ERROR
[INFO]

Project ID: null:cas-workflow:jar:null

Reason: Cannot find parent: org.apache.oodt:oodt-core for project:
null:cas-workflow:jar:null for project null:cas-workflow:jar:null

I got it successfully built on Windows. But I downloaded the 0.2 release and
built the Workflow component from that release.
Was there a change in the Workflow after the 0.2 release which explains the
above build failure?

Thanks,
Sheryl

Re: Building Workflow

Posted by Sheryl John <sh...@gmail.com>.
Cameron and Andrew,

Thanks!
I got the entire trunk built successfully.
I went ahead with the Workflow first because I wanted to avoid getting stuck
during downloads.

Regards,

--
Sheryl

Re: Building Workflow

Posted by Sheryl John <sh...@gmail.com>.
Cameron and Andrew,

--
Sheryl

Re: Building Workflow

Posted by Andrew Hart <ah...@apache.org>.
Hi Sheryl,

Re: Building Workflow

Posted by Cameron Goodale <si...@gmail.com>.
Sheryl,

The way i have always built oodt is to build the entire suite of components.
 There are dependencies on oodt/core so if you just grabbed workflow core is
missing.

Try this:

svn export https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/oodt/trunk/

cd trunk

mvn package

That should built, test and package up EVERYTHING, then you can just grab
the tarball for any of the components you like, workflow included.  Chances
are you will want to use other components like filemanager, crawler etc...

To get the workflow tarball after the build, cd workflow/target   and you
should have a *dist.tar.gz you can use.

Hope that helps.  I am sure there is another way to just install the core
and then build workflow alone, but i am not sure how.

Good Luck,

Cameron

--

Sent from a Tin Can attached to a String

Re: Building Workflow

Posted by Andrew Hart <ah...@apache.org>.
Hi Sheryl,

Re: Building Workflow

Posted by Cameron Goodale <si...@gmail.com>.
Sheryl,

--

Sent from a Tin Can attached to a String