Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Alex Sviridov <oo...@mail.ru> on 2015/07/16 17:34:20 UTC

Is this mailing-list dead?

 I haven't got any messages from this mailing list. Is it dead?

--
Alex Sviridov

Posted by Alex Sviridov <oo...@mail.ru>.
 David, thank you for participating in discussion.

The specs implementation for CDI is weld which is used also by glassfish. In order to make CDI to work with OSGI special libs were developed - pax, fighterfish and others.
So it is one of their main purposes to support injecting OSGI services. Why I use CDI and OSGI, because all the business logic I put in osgi service and in clients (web, or javafx) I use CDI.

--
Alex Sviridov

Posted by David Jencks <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex Sviridov <oo...@mail.ru>.
 Nick, thank you for your time. The problem is that the bundle with DS I want to use both in pax and fighterfish. That's why the bundle with DS uses pure osgi
to be able to work on both platforms. The solution only for pax is known -  http://stackoverflow.com/a/31448292/5057736

--
Alex Sviridov

Posted by Alex Sviridov <oo...@mail.ru>.
 Are you sure that the code you provided right? There is no "scope" in org.osgi.service.component.annotations.Component?

Posted by Alex Sviridov <oo...@mail.ru>.
The problem is that SCR uses some Scope.prototype from impl package.

--
Alex Sviridov

Posted by Raymond Auge <ra...@liferay.com>.

 (@rotty3000)
 (@Liferay)

Posted by Alex Sviridov <oo...@mail.ru>.

Posted by Alex Sviridov <oo...@mail.ru>.
 Ok! I got it! I thank everybody for help. I will build scr felix bundle and test it with prototype service scope and pax cdi. I will tell later about the results.

Posted by Raymond Auge <ra...@liferay.com>.

 (@rotty3000)
 (@Liferay)

Posted by Alex Sviridov <oo...@mail.ru>.
 Thank you very very much!

Posted by Raymond Auge <ra...@liferay.com>.
.. David Jencks' .. (apologies David!)

 (@rotty3000)
 (@Liferay)

Posted by Raymond Auge <ra...@liferay.com>.

 (@rotty3000)
 (@Liferay)

Posted by Raymond Auge <ra...@liferay.com>.

 (@rotty3000)
 (@Liferay)

Posted by Alex Sviridov <oo...@mail.ru>.

Posted by Raymond Auge <ra...@liferay.com>.

 (@rotty3000)
 (@Liferay)

Posted by Alex Sviridov <oo...@mail.ru>.

--
Alex Sviridov

Posted by Neil Bartlett <nj...@gmail.com>.
Yes and no. Mostly no.

Posted by Alex Sviridov <oo...@mail.ru>.

--
Alex Sviridov

Posted by Nick Baker <nb...@pentaho.com>.

Posted by Neil Bartlett <nj...@gmail.com>.
Alex,

Posted by Alex Sviridov <oo...@mail.ru>.

--
Alex Sviridov

Posted by Neil Bartlett <nj...@gmail.com>.
No.

Posted by Alex Sviridov <oo...@mail.ru>.
 Thank you very much! I thought my mistake in understanding. I've checked what we talked and I will start new thread.

--
Alex Sviridov

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
You are correct that the sevaral plugins just create the xml files in
the end. Unfortunately there are several competing annotations and impls
for the generation.
I was also confused when I started to work with ds and there is no good
documentation.

If you need a working example see my newest tutorial:
http://liquid-reality.de/display/liquid/2015/06/30/Apache+Karaf+Tutorial+part+10+-+Declarative+services

It uses the annotations defined by the OSGi specs and the
maven-bundle-plugin (bnd) to create the xml.
So it should match the solution Neil proposes.

Christian

On 17.07.2015 11:58, Alex Sviridov wrote:
>   To tell the truth I am totally confused. I thought that DS work this way:
> Aa bundle with ds.xml file  is loaded by osgi framework and ds framework reads xml files and creates osgi services.
>
> So maven plugin is used for generating this ds xml files. Am I wrong?

--
Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Open Source Architect