Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by jaideep dhok <jd...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/25 07:27:56 UTC

Question about job tracker instrumentation

Hi all,
I want to obtain counters of a task after it's completion to do some
bookkeeping. I am using the JobTrackerInstrumentation class (a
subclass actually) to get notifications about task completions. In the
completeMap and completeReduce method of my class, I am obtaining the
task counters as follows:
---
// tid is TaskAttemptID, passed as an argument
Counters taskCounters =tracker.getTaskStatus(tid).getCounters();
---
My question is, does the job tracker store status/counters of a
particular task even after its completion? More specifically, how  can
I obtain counters of a task using just the TaskAttemptID?

Regards,
Jaideep