Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by David Crossley <cr...@indexgeo.com.au> on 2003/12/31 15:42:00 UTC

Re: [issues] New comment: (FOR-97) Remove the Apache feather favicon.ico in the default skins

>      Author: Marshall Roch
>     Created: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 11:15 AM
>        Body:
> While we're making new icons, what do you think about making a new logo for Forrest?
> Perhaps a small woodland creature?
> View the issue:
>   http://issues.cocoondev.org/jira//secure/ViewIssue.jspa?key=FOR-97

I am happy with our current logo, but fine with a change too.

The current pun with the forest of standing Apache feathers is nice.

Really the name "Forrest" is because of Forrest Gump. So if
anyone wants to change it, then i suggest going along those lines.

A set of toothbrushes perhaps.

--David

Re: [issues] New comment: (FOR-97) Remove the Apache feather favicon.ico in the default skins

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
David Crossley wrote:

>>     Author: Marshall Roch
>>    Created: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 11:15 AM
>>       Body:
>>While we're making new icons, what do you think about making a new logo for Forrest?
>>Perhaps a small woodland creature?
>>View the issue:
>>  http://issues.cocoondev.org/jira//secure/ViewIssue.jspa?key=FOR-97
>

> I am happy with our current logo, but fine with a change too.
>
> The current pun with the forest of standing Apache feathers is nice.

I like the current logo, and I would not change it.

Instead, we would need an SVG version of it (svg logos here [1]) and a
better "powered-by" logo [2].

[1] http://cvs.apache.org/~nicolaken/whiteboard/apachelogos/
[2] http://incubator.apache.org/images/built-with-forrest-button.png

             - verba volant, scripta manent -