Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by stefan aberg <st...@nokia.com> on 2000/03/16 08:16:53 UTC

HANDLER THREAD PROBLEM? Bug in connection between Apache and Tomcat?

Hi,

after many weeks of successfully using Apache 1.3.9 + Tomcat 3.0 it suddenly stopped
working with these error messages from Tomcat. Restarting fixed it and I can't reproduce
it yet. Apache's logs including mod_jserv.log does not contain anything special at the
moment these messages came and both Apache and Tomcat responded on the http ports they use
but the connections from Apache to Tomcat did not work.

HANDLER THREAD PROBLEM: java.io.IOException: Stream closed prematurely
	at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Native Method)
	at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Compiled Code)
	at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Compiled Code)
	at java.lang.Exception.<init>(Compiled Code)
	at java.io.IOException.<init>(Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.AJP12RequestAdapter.readNextRequest(Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp12ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(Compiled Code)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Compiled Code)

Might this be a bug that's been fixed or should I try to debug this more?

Stefan Aberg
stefan.aberg@nokia.com