Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Igor Chudov <ic...@Algebra.Com> on 2006/04/27 16:51:39 UTC

Checking my personal ham with spamassassin

I upgraded and installed a lot of SA rules. (although I suspect that
bayes still is not working for some reason. more later)

I have a lot of unix mail folders with ham (personal messages,
business messages, some mailing list stuff, etc).

I would like to somehow test run spamassassin on thsm and see what
messages are tagged as spam, and why, to see how safe I am.

How would I run SA on a unix style mailbox to filter spams only?

Re: Checking my personal ham with spamassassin

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Apr 27, 2006 at 09:51:39AM -0500, Igor Chudov wrote:
> How would I run SA on a unix style mailbox to filter spams only?

It's not exactly clear what you're trying to do, but you could do something
like:

spamassassin --mbox file1 > file1.out

for the spamassassin script to run over all the messages in the mbox file
"file1".

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
"Besides, I think [Slackware] sounds better than 'Microsoft,' don't you?"