Posted to users@flex.apache.org by FlexForever <ma...@yahoo.com> on 2013/12/02 03:53:06 UTC

Where to report Bugs? Flex SDK vs. Air SDK

I am doing Flex mobile development. As I understand, the Flex SDK is
basically on top of the AIR SDK. Sometimes its not clear to me who is
responsible for certain bugs.

Example: I recently discovered that Arabic text is not displayed correctly
in the spark TextArea (the letters are in the wrong direction). Now TextArea
is a Flex component but on mobile -as far as I understand- is based on
StageText which I believe is part of the AIR SDK.

Now in these kinds of cases, should I report the bug to Flex SDK or AIR SDK
team or both?
Is there an easy way out for me to find out to whom certain bugs should be
addressed?

RE: Where to report Bugs? Flex SDK vs. Air SDK

Posted by Kessler CTR Mark J <ma...@usmc.mil>.
For flex issues, you can submit them to our JIRA [1].  The AIR sdk issues to the Adobe BugBase [2].

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX
[2] https://bugbase.adobe.com/

-Mark

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Ideally, you would create a test case in an ActionScript-only Project (no
Flex classes).  If you can reproduce the problem there, then file it
against AIR, otherwise file against Apache Flex.

That can be hard and time consuming.  You can ask on the mailing list and
folks may be able to help you figure out how to create the test case or if
there is an obvious way to tell who is at fault.

-Alex