Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org> on 2003/03/29 16:40:12 UTC

flow problem

I just found out that the current flow implementation doesn't allow the
flow to access internal-only pipelines.

Is there a specific reason for this or it's just the way it's currently
implemented?

I'm asking because I wish it was possible to send internal-only
pipelines to the user from the flow. This would make it *super easy* to
implement an authentication framework using the flow and provide a very
solid foundation for writing secure web applications.

Thoughts?

Stefano.

Re: flow problem

Posted by Christopher Oliver <re...@verizon.net>.
Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> Ugo Cei wrote:
>
>> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>>
>>> I just found out that the current flow implementation doesn't allow
>>> the flow to access internal-only pipelines.
>>

>> I noticed the same thing on this list some time ago.
>>
>>> I'm asking because I wish it was possible to send internal-only
>>> pipelines to the user from the flow. This would make it *super easy*
>>> to implement an authentication framework using the flow and provide
>>> a very solid foundation for writing secure web applications.
>>

> Furthermore, views called by the flow _have_ to be internal-only :
> calling them directly doesn't really make sense since the flow passes
> them model data.
>
> Sylvain

You're right. Any ideas on how to implement that?

Re: flow problem

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@anyware-tech.com>.

Re: flow problem

Posted by Ugo Cei <u....@cbim.it>.
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> I just found out that the current flow implementation doesn't allow the
> flow to access internal-only pipelines.

I noticed the same thing on this list some time ago.

> I'm asking because I wish it was possible to send internal-only
> pipelines to the user from the flow. This would make it *super easy* to
> implement an authentication framework using the flow and provide a very
> solid foundation for writing secure web applications.

Ditto.

	Ugo