Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by David Ezzio <de...@ysoft.com> on 2004/08/17 23:51:52 UTC

Where are all the Tapestry components?

Hi,

Tapestry ships with a great set of components, but the creation and
reuse of components is, I believe, a key value point of the Tapestry
framework.  Can anybody explain why there is not already a large group
of extra components beyond the distribution? It doesn't make sense.
What am I missing?

David

Re: Where are all the Tapestry components?

Posted by David Ezzio <de...@ysoft.com>.
Good idea.  We all believe that Tapestry is about components, so perhaps
more encouragement of the process of contributing them and finding them
is what is needed. The Wiki could serve as a sandbox for open source
components (and even proprietary components if there is a market for
them.)

The simple EncodedMailLink component that Danny wrote and I discussed is
too obviously needed and useful to be lost in the mail clutter.

David

Posted by Terry Poot <tp...@goldenvoid.com>.

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
David,