Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Kevin Mullin <mu...@us.ibm.com> on 2006/09/15 17:27:07 UTC

Help please

I've just downloaded Tomcat 5.5.17 and am trying to run it on our
mainframe system that is running z/OS 1.7 operating system.  I am getting
a failure in Tomcat that says:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: compressionFilters.CompressionFilter
Does anyone know what is causing this, and what I can do to correct it?

Kevin Mullin
Sr. Analyst
IBM Corporation
(206) 345-7068
mullink@us.ibm.com

RE: Help please

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Robert Harper [mailto:robert@iat-cti.com]
> Subject: RE: Help please
>
> Does anyone have experience with Tomcat on a mainframe?

Works fine on ours, as does JBoss.  But we're not silly enough to use
EBCDIC...

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.

RE: Help please

Posted by Robert Harper <ro...@iat-cti.com>.
I think the problem has more to do with Tomcat on a mainframe and conversion
from ASCII to EBCDIC. The XML parser is having problems translating the XML
records in the configuration files. Does anyone have experience with Tomcat
on a mainframe?

Robert S. Harper
Information Access Technology, Inc.

RE: Help please

Posted by Robert Harper <ro...@iat-cti.com>.
Check your definition of the servlet in the [app_root]/WEB-INF/web.xml file.
There is a reference to where the filters are located. You probably need to
either create this class or remove the reference from the web.xml file.

  _____

 <http://www.ibm.com/ibm/values/>