Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Kai Mütz <km...@web.de> on 2007/03/13 11:38:55 UTC

OutOfMemoryError while processing a large table

Hi all,

I have a problem with a large XML file containing 1 large table. The
corresponding FO file is about 28MB. I got an OutOfMemoryError while
processing this file in spite of 1,5GB memory allocated to the JVM. There
are no forward references or images in the FO.

What can I do in order to be able to process this file?

Kai

Re: OutOfMemoryError while processing a large table

Posted by Andreas L Delmelle <a_...@pandora.be>.
On Mar 13, 2007, at 11:38, Kai Mütz wrote:

Hi,

> I have a problem with a large XML file containing 1 large table. The
> corresponding FO file is about 28MB. I got an OutOfMemoryError while
> processing this file in spite of 1,5GB memory allocated to the JVM.
> There
> are no forward references or images in the FO.
>
> What can I do in order to be able to process this file?

Your only option is to split up the table over multiple page-sequences.
FOP simply cannot handle such large uninterrupted page-sequences ATM...

Sorry.

Cheers,

Andreas