Posted to adffaces-dev@incubator.apache.org by Pi...@dmr.ca on 2006/07/14 13:24:02 UTC

Sorting when an "immediate" table contains a field "required"

Hi,

this little question is related to :
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ADFFACES-45

After testing the current behavior, the bug isn't totally accurate. If a
table has its "immediate" attribute set to true, and does have a field
input "required" at true (such as an inputText) it is totally possible to
have Range or Sort nagivation on the table. (like by clicking on the
header of the table when a column is "sortable").

However, there is still a bug happening that is : The "required" field
never get sorted like others columns do. The column's values stay idle
while others columns really get resorted. This leads to an out of sync
problem.

SO, my suggestion would be to totally block sorting events on a table when
there is at least 1 column that has the attribute "required" at true AND
that the table has the attribute "immediate" at true too.

Any comments regarding this,
thanks

Pierre-Luc Archambault
Fujitsu Consulting

Re: Sorting when an "immediate" table contains a field "required"

Posted by Pi...@dmr.ca.
I've just tried the same test with a subform tag around the required input
and still with an immediate table and the behavior is again the same as
without the subform tag, that is, the required input dont get sorted.

Sebastián Fiorentini <se...@softwaredelcentro.com.ar> a
écrit sur 2006-07-14 09:40:15 :

> In fact, you can avoid this if you use a subform surrounding your
> required inputs (or group of inputs).
>
> Regards,
> Sebastian.
>
> Pierre-Luc_Archambault@dmr.ca wrote:
> Hi,
>
> this little question is related to :
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ADFFACES-45
>
> After testing the current behavior, the bug isn't totally accurate. If a

> table has its "immediate" attribute set to true, and does have a field
> input "required" at true (such as an inputText) it is totally possible
> have Range or Sort nagivation on the table. (like by clicking on the
> header of the table when a column is "sortable").
>
> However, there is still a bug happening that is : The "required" field
> never get sorted like others columns do. The column's values stay idle
> while others columns really get resorted. This leads to an out of sync
> problem.
>
> SO, my suggestion would be to totally block sorting events on a table
when
> there is at least 1 column that has the attribute "required" at true AND

> that the table has the attribute "immediate" at true too.
>
> Any comments regarding this,
> thanks
>
> Pierre-Luc Archambault
> Fujitsu Consulting
>

> Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.
> Checked by AVG Free Edition.
30/06/2006

Posted by Sebastián Fiorentini <se...@softwaredelcentro.com.ar>.

[Pierre-Luc_Archambault@dmr.ca](mailto:Pierre-Luc_Archambault@dmr.ca) wrote:

>     Hi,
>
>     this little question is related to :
>     <http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ADFFACES-45>
>
>     After testing the current behavior, the bug isn't totally accurate. If a
>     table has its "immediate" attribute set to true, and does have a field
>     input "required" at true (such as an inputText) it is totally possible
>     have Range or Sort nagivation on the table. (like by clicking on the
>     header of the table when a column is "sortable").
>
>     However, there is still a bug happening that is : The "required" field
>     never get sorted like others columns do. The column's values stay idle
>     while others columns really get resorted. This leads to an out of sync
>     problem.
>
>     SO, my suggestion would be to totally block sorting events on a table
> when
>     there is at least 1 column that has the attribute "required" at true AND
>     that the table has the attribute "immediate" at true too.
>
>     Any comments regarding this,
>     thanks
>
>     Pierre-Luc Archambault
>     Fujitsu Consulting