Posted to user@struts.apache.org by David Miller <po...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/16 01:22:41 UTC

Struts and Tiles

Greetings,

I'm using tiles for the first time and am a little confused about what I
should be able to do.

I'd like to be able to insert *portions* of another page using tiles.

For example, in the middle of a gigantic jsp I want to insert a small chunk
of code that exists in a different jsp - a different complete jsp, not a
heap of tags with a jsp extension. The chunk of code I want could be
identified by a Tiles tag.
I only seem to be able to add the entire different jsp into the middle of my
gigantic jsp.

Is that possible? I've read a bit about Tiles but the feeling I'm getting is
that Tiles is not going to work for me. If there's some other better way of
inserting parts of other complete pages then I'm all ears.

Thanks,
David

Re: Struts and Tiles

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.
2007/5/16, David Miller <po...@gmail.com>:
> I'd like to be able to insert *portions* of another page using tiles.

I think that Sitemesh would be better for this task.

Antonio

Re: Struts and Tiles

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
create the layout
http://www.allapplabs.com/tiles/create_a_tile_layout.htm

and then assembling your page with pre-defined layouts ?
http://www.allapplabs.com/tiles/tiles_layouts.htm#classic

M--

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.

____________________________________________________________________________________Give spam the boot. Take control with tough spam protection in the all-new Yahoo! Mail Beta.