Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Milan Das <md...@interset.com> on 2018/08/20 02:35:36 UTC

How to Add DFM user /group ?

As  “Initial Admin Identity” do not have default access “access the controller – modify”. I need a way to add a DFM user.

I searched the documentation, it talks about the detail about DFM user role,  but there is no where it is mentioned how to add a DFM user/group ?

“initial Admin Identiry” user by default can not add any NIFI component because it have only Read access to “Global policy to view the user interface” is read.

Basically I want add a DFM user or provide DFM to “Initial Admin Identity”. I am using NIFI version 1.5

Appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Milan Das

Re: How to Add DFM user /group ?

Posted by Bryan Bende <bb...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

In the 0.x versions of NiFi there were specific roles such as DFM, but
in 1.x there are no specific roles and everything is based on
fine-grained access policies.

The initial admin is given the ability to get into the UI and to
create policies, which then lets them grant themselves whatever is
needed.

The initial admin can give themselves READ/WRITE to the root process
group to be able to modify any components on the canvas.

If you want to script this, just perform the action of giving them
this permission through the UI and look at the calls that are made
using Chrome Dev Tools, or a similar tool.

Thanks,

Bryan