Posted to dev@zeppelin.apache.org by moon soo Lee <mo...@apache.org> on 2015/01/06 12:20:14 UTC

Mailing list transition from Google Groups to Apache

Hi, All

We have two mailing list on google groups

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/zeppelin-developers

and some pages who have reference to it

https://github.com/NFLabs/zeppelin
http://zeppelin-project.org/
http://zeppelin-project.org/community.html

(is there any more web pages who have reference to mailing list address?)

I think we can move mailing list in this way.

1. Notice google groups mailing list the mailing list is moved and will be
readonly after 31/Jan/2015. And update all reference to mailing list to
Apache one from web pages.
2. Make google groups mailing list read only. on 1/Feb/2015.

Here is the example of notice.

In this way, we can effectively activate use of apache mailing list. And by
giving some transition period (about 25 days from now, to 1/Feb/2015)
people can have some time to follow this migration.

To me,

+1 for notice and update web pages now
+1 for making google groups readonly after 31/Jan/2015

Best,
moon

Re: Mailing list transition from Google Groups to Apache

Posted by moon soo Lee <le...@gmail.com>.
If we leave web pages unchanged after notice mailing list transition, then
it can make people get confused.
So i think it's better update web pages before or the same time we make a
notice of mailing list transition.

Best,
moon

Posted by Anthony Corbacho <an...@apache.org>.

Posted by Corneau Damien <co...@gmail.com>.

Posted by moon soo Lee <mo...@apache.org>.
Thanks for feedback and opinions.
Then, I'm updating webpages and making notice to google groups.

Thanks,
moon

2015년 1월 7일 수요일, Hyunsik Choi<hy...@gmail.com>님이 작성한 메시지:

Posted by Hyunsik Choi <hy...@gmail.com>.