Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by wabom <ou...@gmail.com> on 2009/06/20 15:02:06 UTC

dynamic web services compositon

Hello,
I am working on project which needs dynamic  web services (or endpoints)
call, i.e based on input context, the application finds a sequence of web
services to be called:
1. I compute for the suitable web services to be called to user request, and
generate a chain web services call.
2. I invoke the web services?????
=>But I have a problem with the second point.
I want to know if it is possible to do such process with the ESB.
If it is possible, please tell me the how to..
Thanks.

RE: dynamic web services compositon

Posted by Madesclair Vivian <vm...@sopragroup.com>.
Hello,

I think EIP in servicemix are all static. But you can use camel (smx have a connector for camel) which I am pretty sure it can do what you want. I don't know much about camel yet though, so you will have to check.
I hope it helped.

Regards,
Vivian

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@gmail.com>.
L.S.,

The best way to invoke remote webservices from the ESB is by declaring HTTP
or CXF provider endpoint for them.  You can then just route the exchange to
the different JBI endpoints.  As Vivian already explained, the
servicemix-eip patterns are a bit more static, but you can easily do it with
a Camel recipient list (http://camel.apache.org/recipient-list.html) or an
annotated bean (http://camel.apache.org/recipientlist-annotation.html).

These are a few blog entries that might interest you:
- http://janstey.blogspot.com/2009/01/pojos-can-route-too.html
- http://gertvanthienen.blogspot.com/2009/01/better-cbr.html

Regards,

Gert Vanthienen