Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by or...@sify.com on 2004/11/12 08:17:23 UTC

Re: XML error.

i cannot prevent more than one news element from occuring, what is the possible solution??

Quoting  morus.walter@tanto.de:

> Adriano Smith writes:
> I have an XSL to generate an XML. However the<br>following error was seen.
>
> What does this error mean??
> Only one<br>top level element is allowed in an XML document. Line 6, Position 6
It means what it says.
The result of an xslt trafo can only be an xml<br>document, if there is just one
top level element.
So if you<br>have
<rss>
</rss>
<rss>
</rss>
as the transform result<br>(e.g. because you had more than one news element
in the input), the<br>result cannot be treated as an xml<br>document.

Morus

Re: XML error.

Posted by "John L. Webber" <Jo...@jentro.com>.
Can't you insert the news elements into a top level element of your own
making?

John