Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@skynet.be> on 2007/04/01 11:04:58 UTC

Re: ServiceMix-FTP Component NOT working as designed

TheKidCof,

In the previous example, the file was copied from one FTP location
(referred to by <ftp:poller/>) to another (the <ftp:sender/>)

If you want to store the files in a local directory, you'll have to
create a second SU, using servicemix-file.  Create the zip file
(my-file-su.zip) which contains an xbean.xml file like this
<beans xmlns:file="http://servicemix.apache.org/file/1.0"
       xmlns:my="http://my.own/smx">

    <file:sender service="my:file-sender" endpoint="endpoint"
        uri="..." />

</beans>

Add my-file-su.zip to your service assembly and update META-INF/jbi.xml to reflect the additional SU, adding this <service-unit/> block:
<service-unit>
    <identification>
        <name>my-su</name>
        <description>My First :: File Service Unit</description>
    </identification>
    <target>
        <artifacts-zip>my-file-su.zip</artifacts-zip>
        <component-name>servicemix-file</component-name>
    </target>
</service-unit>

Now, you can change the targetService and targetEndpoint attribute of the <ftp:poller/> element to connect it to your <file:sender/> to finish up your configuration.

Is this the information you were looking for?

Regards,

Gert

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@skynet.be>.
TheKidCof,

In order to transfer regular text files over the service bus, you should
specify another Marshaler, which transforms the plain text file to an
XML message and back again.  You can write your own Marshaler, extending
DefaultFileMarshaler, but ServiceMix also contains
org.apache.servicemix.components.util.SimpleFlatFileMarshaler, which
appears to be what you need.  My guess is that you just have to create
the bean (using Spring syntax?) and assign it to the marshaler
attribute, but  I have never used it myself, so I don't have any working
code snippets to get you started...

Regards,

Gert

Posted by Thekidcof <cw...@symcor.com>.
[...]

        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)