Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com> on 2018/07/11 16:01:53 UTC

Arrow sync today (12p Eastern)

I'm at the SciPy conference today so I'm not able to join the sync call:

Hosted at https://meet.google.com/vtm-teks-phx

We are getting closer to being able to release 0.10, see the wiki status page

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ARROW/Arrow+0.10.0+Release

[Notes] Arrow sync today (12p Eastern)

Posted by "Uwe L. Korn" <uw...@xhochy.com>.
Ethan, Philip (Two Sigma)
KrisztiƔn
Paul (Graphistry)
Bryan (IBM)
Uwe (Blue Yonder)

JavaScript is close to a 0.4 release

 * getting closer to  the C++ implementation
 * blocked a bit by a nasty off-by-one bug
  * Waiting with the release until the current refactor is in place

0.10 Release

 * Packaging is nearly there (see KrisztiƔn's mail)
 * We need to adapt the release manual as the process will be very different from the previous one.