Posted to general@xerces.apache.org by Hansjoerg Laschinger <Ha...@partner.bmw.de> on 2000/02/02 15:21:25 UTC

Xerces-C: Port to Solaris2.7 with CC ?

I have problems to build the Library on Sparc Solaris 2.7 with the
CC-Compiler v5.0

There is the Error while linking th .so

ld: Schwerer Fehler: Symbol
'RefHashTableOfEnumerator<DTDAttDef>::~RefHashTableOfEnumerator
#Nvariant 1()' ist als erweiterbar definiert:
        (Datei ./obj/DTDAttDefList.o and Datei ./obj/DTDElementDecl.o);

Did anybody solve this problem.
Are there somewhere Binaries of the libxercesc1_0.so (Solaris2.7 or 2.6,
CC) which I could get ?

Thanks,
Hansjoerg

Re: Xerces-C: Port to Solaris2.7 with CC ?

Posted by Arundhati Bhowmick <ar...@hyperreal.org>.
There's a binary drop of solaris 2.6 on alphaworks (www.alphaworks.ibm.com)
but that's with CC compiler version 4.2. So, anyway you have to recompile
the whole code again. I hope you're following the right instructions for
building (with the right switches) as documented.
There was some discussion on alphaworks regarding this compilation sometime
ago and he was ultimately successful in its compilation. It'd be good if you
can follow that.

Arundhati