Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Lionel Crine <cr...@4dconcept.fr> on 2005/01/25 14:11:32 UTC

WriteDOMSession and Processing Instruction

Hello,

It seems that writeDOMSession do not handle the "processing
instructions". Is it really true ?

To our project we overload the class. Do you plan to upgrade the class
in Cocoon ?

Thanks
Lionel

Thanks

--
Lionel CRINE
Ingénieur Systèmes documentaires

Heapsize and multiple cocoon webapps

Posted by Ryan Agler <ry...@hotmail.com>.
I am experiencing the java process going haywire when the JVM Memory Total
approaches Xmx.  I suspect it could have to do with Cocoon's heapsize
setting, and am looking for advice on proper values.

The machine is a dual Pentium 933 with a gig of ram, running Redhat 8.  I am
running Tomcat 5.5.6, JDK 1.5.  I have four separate Cocoon webapps, three
are 2.1.4 and one is 2.1.6.  In catalina.sh I have -Xmx300m.  In each
cocoon.xconf, I have freememory=5500000 and heapsize=294000000, which is 2%
less than the Xmx setting as recommended at
http://excalibur.apache.org/store/janitor.html

My question is, since I have four separate cocoon webapps, should I set each
heapsize to 1/4 of 294000000?

Thanks in advance