Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Praveen Savur <Pr...@Sun.COM> on 2004/02/18 23:34:52 UTC

backup files being overwritten before executing the unzip task

 Hi all,
      I want to do the following task with ant,
1) There are a set of files in directory DirX.
2) There is another set of files in a zip file ZipFileX.
3)  I want to extract the contents of ZipFileX into DirX,  but before
doing that I want to take a backup of only those files in DirX which
will be overwritten by the unzipping of ZipX.

    I tried this approach: Get the contents of the files in ZipX in a
fileSet. But the problem is  this fileSet cannot be used to take a
backup(move/copy/rename) of files in DirX.

     So is there any other way to do this.

 Thanks,
 Praveen

Re: backup files being overwritten before executing the unzip task

Posted by Matt Benson <gu...@yahoo.com>.
--- Praveen Savur <Pr...@Sun.COM> wrote:
>    Unzipping into a temporary directory is not a
> problem. But still the original problem remains -
> How to select only those files in DirX which have a
> corressponding file in the temporary directory.

see
http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTypes/selectors.html#presentselect

-Matt

Re: backup files being overwritten before executing the unzip task

Posted by Praveen Savur <Pr...@Sun.COM>.
  In solution (2)

2.  Unzip to a temporary directory, then backup files
in DirX that also exist in the temporary directory,
then copy over the files from the temporary directory
to DirX.

Posted by Matt Benson <gu...@yahoo.com>.