Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Jeff Sexton <js...@odshp.com> on 2003/05/20 20:22:34 UTC

Deleting Users

What is required to delete a user from jetspeed 1.4b4 ?  The admin user
dialog seems to do part of the job - the user can no longer login.
However the user's template files are still there and the user id is still
listed on the admin screen.

Anyone know how this works?

Thanks

Jeff Sexton
The ODS Companies
jsexton@odshp.com

RE: Deleting Users

Posted by Jeff Sexton <js...@odshp.com>.
On Tue, 20 May 2003, Mark Orciuch wrote:
> I don't think so but it should be easy to test this scenario. What is your
> runtime environment? Are you using Beta 4 out of the box or did you
> customize?

Out of the box except for added rss feed portlets and small look and feel
changes (logos and such), on RH 8 with tomcat 4.0.4 and JDK 1.4.1

I'm in the middle of something now, but I'll experiment a little latter
and see if I can tell what happened.  Otherwise, this version is really
performing quite well, thanks!

RE: Deleting Users

Posted by Mark Orciuch <ma...@ngsltd.com>.
I don't think so but it should be easy to test this scenario. What is your
runtime environment? Are you using Beta 4 out of the box or did you
customize?

Best regards,

Mark Orciuch - morciuch@apache.org
http://jakarta.apache.org/jetspeed/

RE: Deleting Users

Posted by Jeff Sexton <js...@odshp.com>.

RE: Deleting Users

Posted by Jeff Sexton <js...@odshp.com>.
On Tue, 20 May 2003, Mark Orciuch wrote:
> If I understand you correctly, you removed a user via User Browser as admin,
> right? If so, please disregard my prior post. I just tested it and it works
> just fine - user and psml are both removed. I think you're having a
> different problem.

Hmm, I can't imagine what it could be.  All the files and the tomcat
process are the same owner and jetspeed didn't log anything odd.  The
username is no longer allowed to connect, but the users setup directories
were still there (I deleted them).  The login still shows up on the User
Browser (as admin) also.

I'll see if I can find any clues.  This was the first time I tried to
remove a user.

RE: Deleting Users

Posted by Mark Orciuch <ma...@ngsltd.com>.

RE: Deleting Users