Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Earl Bingham <ea...@yahoo.com> on 2001/09/23 05:47:20 UTC

upload & download with XSP

C2 comes with an example that shows how to build a page that allows users
to upload a file.
%TOMCAT_HOME\webapps\cocoon\docs\samples\xsp\upload.xsp
It places the file to a location based upon: Constants.CONTEXT_UPLOAD_DIR

which for win32:tomcat 4.0 is at:
%TOMCAT_HOME%\work\localhost\cocoon\image-dir

This makes the file somewhat inaccessible for then allowing the user to
then download the file using XSP attributes.

I was curious if anyone had implemented upload/download in a different
way that would allow for simple XSP programming? I noticed a number of
interesting classes at org.apache.cocoon.util.IOUtils
createFile, getContextPath, etc.

Best Regards,

Earl