Posted to dev@tinkerpop.apache.org by Yang Xia <ya...@bitquilltech.com.INVALID> on 2023/02/08 21:06:37 UTC

[DISCUSS] Set Up Official Process for Twitch/YouTube Content Submission

Hi All,

As we expand our community and the technology around promoting and teaching
TinkerPop, I'd like to propose we set up an official, documented process to
enable community participation of Twitch
<https://www.twitch.tv/apachetinkerpop> streams and YouTube
<ht...@apachetinkerpop> content submissions.

The general process would include:

   1. Send a DISCUSS thread that describes the topic, the platform it goes
   to, who will present it and a date to do it.
   2. If the proposal comes from someone who isn't an official TinkerPop
   committer, then they must obtain a committer "sponsor", who is responsible
   for and endorses the content. (This can be asked on the DISCUSS thread).
   3. The proposal must achieve lazy consensus at minimum.

For the contents, I'd like to define two types, one is individual topics,
for which each content would require a DISCUSS thread. Another is a class
of topics, which is a series of related contents defined under one set of
operations (e.g. a Gremlin podcast series running every month), and such
class would require just one DISCUSS thread laying out the rules at the
beginning.

As an example, we are currently planning to have a Twitch stream,
"TinkerPop 3.5.5/3.6.2 Release Feature Discussion" on Feb 22, which for the
future, we could begin a DISCUSS thread to start a class of TinkerPop
Contributor Podcast, where we set up regular release/feature discussions
that's open to all contributors.

If this proposal sounds good, I'll write it up more formally as a section
in the dev docs.

Thank you,

Yang
*--*
*Yang Xia*
Software Engineer
Improving Vancouver

Re: [DISCUSS] Set Up Official Process for Twitch/YouTube Content Submission

Posted by Yang Xia <ya...@bitquilltech.com.INVALID>.
Hi All,

Since there are no objections, I will start the formal write up and add it
as a new section after "Communication" in the dev docs.

Cheers,

Yang

*--*
*Yang Xia*