Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Vikram Goyal <te...@craftbits.com> on 2002/10/29 10:16:06 UTC

Resource temporarily unavailable

All,

This is probably off topic and if so I apologize.

I shifted my hosts from a non JSP one to a JSP one short time ago.  The deal
was 500 MB disk space, 15GB transfer, and private JVM and Resin for 235 USD
a year. Too good to be true? Probably is??

Anyways, this is the problem:

I deployed my Struts specific test war file ( which opens up 10 connections
to the database ) on the server and as soon as I restarted Resin, I started
getting these messages on the screen whenever I tried running a command:

[: =: unary operator expected
bash: fork: Resource temporarily unavailable

Tech support tells me that it is because I have over stepped my allocated
processes (30). Now my question is, would Struts start something behind the
scenes that could make these processes? I have been taking the high stand
and saying that it is not possible that Struts would do such a thing but I
dont know for sure. Tech support just refuses to believe that and think that
is my code.

On a side note, does anybody know of a decent host that would give you a
private JVM for a decent price and good tech support and runs Struts without
problems?

Thanks for any help on this.

Regards,
Vikram