Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by GeorgeSoler <so...@sunwave.com> on 2010/02/28 04:36:17 UTC

I need a multicasting example

Hello all,

I need to find a simple java source code example of publish-subscribe
multicasting using pojos -nothing fancy.

I have been searching articles and plowing through the ActiveMQ user forums
without much luck. It would be helpful if someone could point me to a good
simple producer/consumer java source code example or code snippets. It would
be even more helpful if I could see the activemq.xml config file that goes
together with the example.

I am using ActiveMQ 5.3

Incidentally, I am trying to run a single broker and a single producer
blasting away small messages at a high rate and publishing them to a single
topic. Multiple subscribers consume the messages. I don't need to guarantee
reliable delivery (some packet loss is tolerable).

In my config file I am currently trying to use openwire like this:

        <transportConnectors>
            <transportConnector name="openwire"
uri="multicast://224.1.2.3:61616"/>
        </transportConnectors>

Many many many thanks in advance for your help & advice.