Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Jeff Young <je...@adobe.com> on 2013/11/13 12:48:04 UTC

Should ValueMapDecorator implement javax.jcr.Value semantics?

I assume yes, but it doesn't for dates.

In particular, org.apache.jackrabbit.value.DateValue converts to ISO8601 when asked for a string, while ValueMapDecorator gives you the string format of the Calendar object.

Is this a bug, or should I interpret the "Value" in ValueMapDecorator more generically than a javax.jcr.Value?

Cheers,
Jeff.

PS: please cc: me on replies; I can't remember if I'm subscribed to the list or not....

Re: Should ValueMapDecorator implement javax.jcr.Value semantics?