Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> on 2013/01/21 23:09:35 UTC

Adobe JIRA bug base

Hi,

Just only noticed it myself but there's a notice on the Apache bug base that states:
"Starting in January 2013, the Flex and Flash Builder bug base will be available for read-only access. This system will be permanently retired in April 2013. Adobe plans to migrate the data to a static, public format for long-term archival and reference."

Guess we can expect a little more JIRA traffic :-)

Thanks,
Justin

Re: Adobe JIRA bug base

Posted by Scott Castle <sc...@adobe.com>.
>> So in the near future there will be no public bug base for Flash
>>Builder?
We may set something up in the future, but there's no plan to immediately
replace the public JIRA instance. (A public JIRA made a lot more sense
when Fb and Flex were both run by Adobe and the products were deeply
integrated).

>> but not new Flex bugs for versions 3.X and 4.x of Adobe Flex (unless
>>they effect both versions).
Yep, agreed - for Adobe Flex, customers with support contracts work with
our support team and its case management system.

Re: Adobe JIRA bug base

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> Nothing particularly sinister going on here - we're just decomissioning
> JIRA in general.
So in the near future there will be no public bug base for Flash Builder?

>  and Flex bugs should be going to the Apache bugbase anyways.
Flex bugs for Apache Flex 4.8 and 4.9 should be entered in Apache Flex bug base but not new Flex bugs for versions 3.X and 4.x of Adobe Flex (unless they effect both versions).

Justin

Re: Adobe JIRA bug base

Posted by Scott Castle <sc...@adobe.com>.
Nothing particularly sinister going on here - we're just decomissioning
JIRA in general.  Fb bugs will in the future be filed via support/product
team forums, and Flex bugs should be going to the Apache bugbase anyways.

- Scott

Re: Adobe JIRA bug base

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,