Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by gu...@service.com.br on 2019/12/09 14:39:56 UTC

Qpid Proton 0.29 - Publish/Subscribe

Good morning Developers,

I need to implement pattern publish/subscriber with the Qpid Proton 0.29
library.

Is it possible to implement this approach with this library?

Thank you

Gustavo Magni Bueno

Arquiteto de Soluções

gustavo.bueno@service.com.br <ma...@service.com.br>

+55 41 3155-8500

+55 41 99245-6069

www.service.com.br <http://www.service.com.br>

Re: Qpid Proton 0.29 - Publish/Subscribe

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 09/12/2019 2:39 pm, gustavo.bueno@service.com.br wrote:
> Good morning Developers,
>
> I need to implement pattern publish/subscriber with the Qpid Proton 0.29
> library.
>
> Is it possible to implement this approach with this library?

Yes, but...

Proton is really a library for managing the transfer of messages to
another process over a tcp socket. It can be used either client or
server side.

The Qpid project also has brokers (which use proton) and a router. All
of these provide inbuilt pub-sub functionality (as do other AMQP 1.0
compliant brokers). You can use proton as a client library to interact
with such brokers for pub-sub.