Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Jamie Johnson <je...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/02 15:55:07 UTC

Issue drawing XSLFTable

I used the tutorial at
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/poi/trunk/src/examples/src/org/apache/poi/xslf/usermodel/Tutorial4.java
to build a power point file with a table (no change to the source) and
then tried to draw that as an image using the code below, but I am not
seeing the table getting drawn to the image, it is simply blank.  Can
anyone help me understand why this is not working?  Is this a bug or
am I doing something incorrectly?  Thanks in advance.

        XMLSlideShow ppt = new XMLSlideShow(OPCPackage.open(file));

        Dimension pgsize = ppt.getPageSize();

        // convert each slide into a .svg file
        XSLFSlide[] slide = ppt.getSlides();
        for (int i = 0; i < slide.length; i++) {

            String title = slide[i].getTitle();
            System.out.println("Rendering slide " + (i + 1) + (title
== null ? "" : ": " + title));

       		BufferedImage image = new BufferedImage(pgsize.width,
pgsize.height, BufferedImage.TYPE_INT_RGB);

            Graphics2D graphics = image.createGraphics();
            graphics.setPaint(Color.white);
			graphics.fill(new Rectangle2D.Float(0, 0, pgsize.width, pgsize.height));
			slide[i].draw(graphics);
			ImageIO.write(image, "png", new FileOutputStream(name + "-slide-" +

        }

Re: Issue drawing XSLFTable

Posted by Jamie Johnson <je...@gmail.com>.
Perfect, just the answer I was looking for!

Is there a plan/timeframe for when this will be available?

Re: Issue drawing XSLFTable

Posted by Yegor Kozlov <ye...@dinom.ru>.