Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/23 18:11:45 UTC

JDBM experimental branch created

Hi guys,

I have created a branch to do some experiment on JDBM :
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/apacheds/branches/apacheds-jdbm

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: JDBM experimental branch created

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
On 8/24/11 10:03 PM, Selcuk AYA wrote:
> Hi,
> no problem. Please let me know the JIRA issue number and I can provide
> you with a patch containing a basic working version of the versioned
> Btree.
probably :

Posted by Selcuk AYA <ay...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
no problem. Please let me know the JIRA issue number and I can provide
you with a patch containing a basic working version of the versioned
Btree.

regards,
Selcuk

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <se...@apache.org>.
Hi Selcuk,

what you can do in parallel is the required legal paper work [1]: sign
and submit an ICLA [2] and if requried (see section 4 of the ICLA) a
CCLA [3].

Kind Regards,
Stefan

[1] http://apache.org/licenses/
[2] http://apache.org/licenses/icla.txt
[3] http://apache.org/licenses/cla-corporate.txt

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 11:16 AM, Selcuk AYA <ay...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Emmanuel,
> can you let me know the username and password I can use to commit the
> changes I have to this branch?

Sadly, this is a branch in the Apache subversion server, and you can't have
access to it unless we vote you as a committer.

This is quite easy though, but e have to follow some rule : voting in a
committer is done based on demonstrated merit, ie some code we can check.
That does not mean you are not good enough, but those who can vote you on
must be able to check the code.

How can we do that the easy way ? Easy : you checkout the branch, you apply
your modifs on it, attach a diff into a JIRA (I don'tr emember if we already
have one, but if not, we can create one), and I can apply the patch to the
real branch.

We can work like that for a few days, in order to be able to start a vote.

Is it ok ?

> regards,
> Selcuk
>

> On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 7:11 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > I have created a branch to do some experiment on JDBM :
> >
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/apacheds/branches/apacheds-jdbm
> >
> > --
> > Regards,
> > Cordialement,