Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by sai krishnam raju potturi <ps...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/05 16:58:10 UTC

Re : Optimum value for native_transport_max_concurrent_connections and native_transport_max_concurrent_connections_per_ip

hi;
  we are upgrading our cluster from apache-cassandra 2.0.14 to 2.0.17. We
have been facing SYN flooding issue (port 9042) in our current version of
Cassandra at times. We are hoping to tackle the SYN flooding issues with
the following attributes in the YAML file for 2.0.17

native_transport_max_concurrent_connections

native_transport_max_concurrent_connections_per_ip

Are there any observed limitations for the above mentioned attributes.
During the peak hours each node serves around 1500 connections. Please
suggest optimal values for the mentioned attributes.

thanks
Sai Potturi