Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by André Bühler <an...@hotmail.com> on 2004/03/24 09:25:27 UTC

Subversion on master and proxy servers?

Hi, i have to evaluate subversion for the use in our company. The problem
is: We are developing at two different locations at the same repository.
Because of security reasons the server with the repository is hosted in a
DMZ.  Supposed we have line break the repository should be available for the
developers. This means we should have a local subversion server with a copy
from the master server which is in the DMZ and the developers in the other
location too.  Now my questions: Is there any possibility to replicate the
repositories of this servers?

Any info is welcome

André

   _____          |          ______         |               ______
   |       |         |          |         |        |               |

   |       |         |          |         |        |               |

   |       |         |          |         |        |               |

   |       | ------- |--------- |         | ------ |-------------- |
|               ---------- connection
   |       |         |          |         |        |               |

   |       |         |          |         |        |               |

   |____|         |          |_____|        |               |_____ |

                      ^                            ^
                       |                             |
local sever     firewall   master server  firewall       local server

Re: Subversion on master and proxy servers?

Posted by Justin Erenkrantz <ju...@erenkrantz.com>.
--On Wednesday, March 24, 2004 11:57 AM -0600 Ben Collins-Sussman
<su...@collab.net> wrote:

> Subversion has no server replication.  You might want to look at SVK
> (svk.elixus.org), which is a decentralized system based on Subversion.

Well, I think the dav-mirror branch in Subversion would also do what he's
looking for (read-only slaves with a single master).  If the connection fails,
the read-only slave repository is still active.  That branch is wildly
out-of-date though, but wouldn't be hard to update it or even merge those
minor changes back to the trunk.  *shrug*  -- justin

Re: Subversion on master and proxy servers?

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.