Posted to dev@deltaspike.apache.org by Thomas Herzog <t....@curecomp.com> on 2012/07/04 11:13:18 UTC

ExceptionHandler chain is broken with same ordinal

We are using deltaspike-core-api-0.2-incubating.

When there are multiple observer methods found for an ExceptionEvent with the same type then only one observer method is called when event is not marked as handled.

If we explicitly define a ordinal (handler one = 1, handler two = 2) then both get invoked in the expected order.

The spec says if ordinal is not defined or multiple handler methods are found with same ordinal then the order is non-deterministic.

So I think that this is a bug.

Am I right ?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Thomas Herzog

Softwareentwicklung

curecomp Software Services GmbH

Hafenstrasse 47-51

4020 Linz

web: www.curecomp.com <http://www.curecomp.com/>

e-Mail: t.herzog@curecomp.com <ma...@curecomp.com>

tel: +43 (0)732 9015-5563

mobile: +43 (0)664 8867 9829

Re: ExceptionHandler chain is broken with same ordinal

Posted by Jason Porter <li...@gmail.com>.
I'll look at it today or tomorrow (hopefully today)

--
Jason Porter
http://lightguard-jp.blogspot.com

Software Engineer
Open Source Advocate

PGP key id: 926CCFF5

AW: ExceptionHandler chain is broken with same ordinal

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.