Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Wendy Smoak <We...@asu.edu> on 2002/12/05 19:37:05 UTC

Multiple warnings in catalina.out

Every time a request comes through Apache 2 to Tomcat 4.1.12, I see six or
seven of these lines in catalina.out:

Dec 5, 2002 11:04:20 AM org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket processConnection

WARNING: server has closed the current connection (-1)

Google turns up limited info and I didn't find any matches in the
tomcat-user archives.  The only "fix" I found was to turn down the logging
with verbosity="0", which I'm trying to discover how to do.  Is it in
server.xml?  There are four <Logger> tags in there, but none of them seems
to belong to catalina.out.

Thanks for any insight on how to either get the events that trigger the
warnings to stop happening, or else turn down the logging severity.

--
Wendy Smoak
Applications Systems Analyst, Sr.

Re: Multiple warnings in catalina.out

Posted by Will Hartung <wi...@msoft.com>.
> From: "Wendy Smoak" <We...@asu.edu>
> Subject: Multiple warnings in catalina.out

> Every time a request comes through Apache 2 to Tomcat 4.1.12, I see six or
> seven of these lines in catalina.out:
>
> Dec 5, 2002 11:04:20 AM org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket
processConnection

> WARNING: server has closed the current connection (-1)

My understanding is that this is basically harmless, and results from a bug
in MSIE in how it handles certain types of connections.

There may be a way to actually disable this message, but it's not really a
problem.

Regards,

Will Hartung
(willh@msoft.com)