Posted to ftpserver-users@mina.apache.org by Praseed Thapparambil <pr...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/15 17:04:54 UTC

Ftplet etc

Folks,
   I have a need for an ftp server where users send in files. Original
intention was to run a quartz scheduled job to sweep customer's upload
directory and process (convert, persist etc..,) it using my servlet.

Ever since I saw Apache FTPServer, I am thinking about a different pattern.
As the customer completes uploads, an ftplet can get the file uploaded and
send it to the servlet for processing. This way there is no need for a
scheduler component in the architecture. Is this feasible?

Also, can I get access to the file uploaded in the ftplet code (override for
onUploadEnd)

Thanks
Praseed

Re: Ftplet etc

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.
On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 5:04 PM, Praseed Thapparambil
<pr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ever since I saw Apache FTPServer, I am thinking about a different pattern.
> As the customer completes uploads, an ftplet can get the file uploaded and
> send it to the servlet for processing. This way there is no need for a
> scheduler component in the architecture. Is this feasible?

Yeah sure, it's one of the main use cases for Ftplets.

> Also, can I get access to the file uploaded in the ftplet code (override for
> onUploadEnd)

In the current releases, you have to concat the users current folder
that you can get from the session with the path in the request (which
you get in onUploadEnd). In the upcoming 1.1.0 version, we will
provide this path for you.

/niklas