Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by "Payne, Matthew" <Pa...@pennmutual.com> on 2006/09/06 22:26:03 UTC

external form submissions

Can tapestry accept a form submissions from another application(a logon page in this case)?
e.g. input page is not a tapestry template or under its control.  It must redirect back.
Anyone have an example?

Matt

This message, including any attachments, is intended only for the recipient(s)
named above. It may contain confidential and privileged information. If you have
received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately and
destroy or delete the original message. Also, please be aware that if you are not
the intended recipient, any review, disclosure, copying, distribution or any
action or reliance based on this message is prohibited by law.

Re: external form submissions

Posted by Shing Hing Man <ma...@yahoo.com>.
 Chapter 8 of the book
Tapestry in Action discussed (also relevant to Tap4) a
way of submitting an 'external' form to a Tapetsry
page. (I think you can download the example source
code of the book for free from Manning's web site.)

Briefly, you set up a Tapestry page whose java class
extends BasePage (as usual) and also implements the
interface IExternalPage.

http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry4/tapestry/apidocs/index.html

The interface IExternalPage has a method
	activateExternalPage(java.lang.Object[] parameters,
IRequestCycle cycle) .

You submit your form to the above Tapestry page and
you retreive the submitted parameters from the form in
the method
activateExternalPage.

Shing

--- "Payne, Matthew" <Pa...@pennmutual.com>
wrote:

> Can tapestry accept a form submissions from another
> application(a logon page in this case)?
> e.g. input page is not a tapestry template or under
> its control.  It must redirect back.
> Anyone have an example?
>
> Matt
>
> This message, including any attachments, is intended
> only for the recipient(s)
> named above. It may contain confidential and
> privileged information. If you have
> received this communication in error, please notify
> the sender immediately and
> destroy or delete the original message. Also, please
> be aware that if you are not
> the intended recipient, any review, disclosure,
> copying, distribution or any
> action or reliance based on this message is
> prohibited by law.

Home page :
  http://uk.geocities.com/matmsh/index.html