Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by Mario Moroni <mo...@email.it> on 2006/04/16 23:47:09 UTC

Abator, How to use generated code

Hi!

I'm a new abator user.
I installed abator into Eclipse and geenrated correctly all dao,model
and maps (for two simple test tables), now How can I use those data objects?

I downloaded all the iBatis manuals, but I can't find where to read.

Could someone help me pls?

 thanks.

 Mario

 Sponsor:
 35.000.000 Milioni di Euro: gioca subito la tua schedina online al SuperEnalotto!
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=5067&d=16-4

Re: Abator, How to use generated code

Posted by Jeff Butler <je...@gmail.com>.
The basic steps are these:

1. Create an SqlMapConfig.xml file that lists all the generated SQL map
files.  This file also needs to specify the database connection properties,
and make sure that statement namespaces are enabled.  You can read about the
format of the SqlMapConfig file in the SQL Map documentation.
2. Assuming you've generated iBATIS DAOs, create a dao.xml file that lists
all the generated DAO objects, and points to the SqlMapConfig file.  You can
read about the format of this file in the DAO documentation.

Then you can use the DAO APIs to access and use the generated objects.
Again, read the DAO documentation for information on how to do this.

Jeff Butler