Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Ra...@alcatel.fr on 2005/09/06 16:08:13 UTC

multiple threads reading values from one file

Hi all,

i was wondering if someone could help me :

i'd like to have a thread group with multiple threads (20,30,...) that
make some http request.
in this http request, one of the value would be in a file. my problem is
that i'd like each thread to read
the values of only a specific part of the file.
ie : the first thread reads the first ten values (could be twenty or else)
    the second thread reads values 21 to 30
    the third thread reads values 31 to 40, etc....

I need the values to be read to be in a unique file.

If i use the _StringFromFile function, each thread will read the same file.

Any Ideas ?

Thanks in advance
Raj

Re: multiple threads reading values from one file

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
You could try using ${__threadNum()} as part of the file name:

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/functions.html#__threadNum

I've not tried it, but hopefully it will work.

S.

Posted by hema rengarajan <he...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,
Please let me know if the solution of using _threadnum() for extracting
different values for different users worked!!

Even I have to do the same thing.

Thanks in advance.

Raj.Mulji_Solanski@alcatel.fr wrote:
Hi all,

i was wondering if someone could help me :

i'd like to have a thread group with multiple threads (20,30,...) that
make some http request.
in this http request, one of the value would be in a file. my problem is
that i'd like each thread to read
the values of only a specific part of the file.
ie : the first thread reads the first ten values (could be twenty or else)
the second thread reads values 21 to 30
the third thread reads values 31 to 40, etc....

I need the values to be read to be in a unique file.

If i use the _StringFromFile function, each thread will read the same file.

Any Ideas ?

Thanks in advance
Raj

Yahoo! for Good