Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by jeff sacksteder <js...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/10 23:21:14 UTC

where to begin troubleshooting auth problem?

I have a collection of repositories that I need to make available my
customers. I'm using mod_dav_svn and mod_authz_svn on Apache.

I think the Apache portion of my config is correct. I have a LDAP server
containing accounts for all my team members and all my customers. Without
using mod_authz_svn, and simply granting access to authenticated users,
everything works correctly. Any user who signs in gets read-write access and
can commit changes. This condition is insufficient, however. Each customer
should only be able to connect to the repository containing the files that
pertain to them and NOT be able to browse the parent path. The repositories
are named with the customer accounts and that list is confidential.

I created a svnaccess file like this:

[/]
teammember1 = rw
teammember2 = rw
teammember3 = rw

[customer1_stuff:/]
customer1 = rw

[customer2_stuff:/]
customer2 = rw

[customer3_stuff:/]
customer3 = rw

This succeeds in meeting the goal, for read access anyway. However, the team
members are not able to commit. The error is-

Error: Commit failed (details follow):
Error: OPTIONS request failed on '/repos/customer1_stuff'
Error: OPTIONS of '/repos/customer1_stuff': 403 Forbidden (
https://secure.domain.com)

I have tried this in both TortiseSVN and RapidSVN, thinking it was a problem
with cached credentials. The result was the same.

 I have run out of good ideas.