Posted to dev@usergrid.apache.org by Dave <sn...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/02 14:24:50 UTC

[VOTE] Release RC4 as Apache Usergrid 1.0 (incubating)

The Usergrid project has prepared a release candidate (RC4) and has voted
to release it as Apache Usergrid 1.0 (incubating). Now it's the Incubator
PMC's turn to vote.

Here's the original vote email from Rod Simpson:

I am excited to send this email, which is a vote to release Usergrid 1.0.
 I know everyone has been working really hard to make this happen and we
really appreciate everyone’s efforts!!

This release is a source-code only release.  We have plans to improve the
overall usability, but providing binaries and such.  But for now, just
getting the source code out the door will be a major accomplishment. To my
knowledge, we have completed all steps in the release process (prior to the
vote and actual release).

Here are the relevant links and info:

The Release Candidate 4 release files:
http://people.apache.org/~snoopdave/usergrid/

The Podling PMC vote thread:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-usergrid-dev/201408.mbox/%3CCAF1aazBufe1%2BRgNWMQ1rrjsMYdOkRdo654so-piqHkC-RnxE9g%40mail.gmail.com%3E

The Git tag: 1.0.0-rc4

Thanks,
Dave

Re: [VOTE] Release RC4 as Apache Usergrid 1.0 (incubating)

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Sep 2, 2014 at 10:00 AM, Branko Čibej <br...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 02.09.2014 15:51, Dave wrote:
> > On Tue, Sep 2, 2014 at 9:43 AM, John D. Ament <jo...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> So... do you have a 1.0 artifact staged somewhere? I get that it's a
> >> rebuild of RC4, but I don't see that release referenced anywhere on your
> >> site.
> >>
> > The release files are here:
> http://people.apache.org/~snoopdave/usergrid/
>
> Release bits have to be in SVN, not in some random location on some
> random server. In your case:
>
>     https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/usergrid
>
> before it's released and in
>
>     https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/usergrid
>
> after the release vote has passed and usually 24 hours before the
> release is announced. Neither of these directories exist.

Thanks Brane. It's been a while since I did an ASF release.

Release files are now available here:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/usergrid/usergrid-1/v1.0.0/

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@apache.org>.
On 02.09.2014 15:51, Dave wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 2, 2014 at 9:43 AM, John D. Ament <jo...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> So... do you have a 1.0 artifact staged somewhere? I get that it's a
>> rebuild of RC4, but I don't see that release referenced anywhere on your
>> site.
>>
> The release files are here: http://people.apache.org/~snoopdave/usergrid/

Release bits have to be in SVN, not in some random location on some
random server. In your case:

    https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/usergrid

before it's released and in

    https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/usergrid

after the release vote has passed and usually 24 hours before the
release is announced. Neither of these directories exist.

-- Brane

Re: [VOTE] Release RC4 as Apache Usergrid 1.0 (incubating)

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Sep 2, 2014 at 11:07 AM, Dave <sn...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 2, 2014 at 10:57 AM, John D. Ament <jo...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Dave,
>>
>> Agreed and I was not expecting you to send out something requesting RC4.
>>  However, you cannot simply say this is 1.0.0.RC4 but re-releasing at 1.0.
>>  You need to stage a release w/ the # 1.0 on it and then it can be voted
>> on.  You should vote on it as well within your PPMC.
>>

> I strongly prefer naming release files with an RC designation until after
> the vote passes, but I'm not going to argue this point now.
>
> Files are now named 1.0.0 and located here:
>
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/usergrid/usergrid-1/v1.0.0/

Oops. Or they will be as soon as the SVN update happens.

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@gmail.com>.
Dave,

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@gmail.com>.
Sorry, meant to also include the Incubator Release page at [3].

[3]: http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.

Fwd: [VOTE] Release RC4 as Apache Usergrid 1.0 (incubating)

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hi usergrid!

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.