Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by shareski <sa...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/23 18:25:21 UTC

Page Parameters logging

We have a secret parameter that we don't want to be logged in a stack trace
or anything. Right now we're using a custom IRequestHandler to intercept the
exception but I'm wondering if there's a more elegant way to do this.

Re: Page Parameters logging

Posted by shareski <sa...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, this is what I'm doing now, just wanted to make sure it was an ok
idea.

Re: Page Parameters logging

Posted by Andrea Del Bene <an...@gmail.com>.
Sorry. I've realized that maybe you need a more efficient strategy to
hide your parameter. I think that using a custom request handler is the
right way. you can override getExceptionMapperProvider in you
application to return tour custom handler for exception. You can have a
look at DefaultExceptionMapper to find some implementation hints.

Re: Page Parameters logging

Posted by Andrea Del Bene <an...@gmail.com>.
hi,

Re: Page Parameters logging

Posted by shareski <sa...@gmail.com>.
Ya, this is definitely a band-aid fix, but the application is a bit of a
Frankenstein's monster so encrypting the parameter everywhere it's used is a
colossal task, though it's definitely the proper solution.

Re: Page Parameters logging

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Maybe you want to encrypt the value of this special parameter ?!
It will be a never ending story to patch all places where this parameter
may leak.

See CryptoMapper for inspiration how to encrypt and decrypt strings.

Martin Grigorov
Wicket Training and Consulting
https://twitter.com/mtgrigorov