Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Alan Au <al...@yahoo.com> on 2005/08/09 12:20:14 UTC

AXIS 1.2 problem

Dear all,

I got the following error when I try to run an AXIS
client upon the public web service on xmethods.net,
using AXIS 1.2. I can run the same program when I am
still using AXIS 1.1.

I understand that in AXIS1.1, it will by default use
"xsd" as the encoding style for data while in AXIS
1.2, it is by default using : 'soapenc' which refers
to  http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/.
Is there any way to make AXIS1.2 to use xsd?

Many thanks!

Error message :
No Deserializer found to deserialize a
'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/:string'
using encoding style
'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/'.

Alan

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

Re: AXIS 1.2 problem

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <at...@gmail.com>.
Yes, that should work.

Re: AXIS 1.2 problem

Posted by Alan Au <al...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks for your solution. What about using the following in the client code?

TypeMappingImpl.dotnet_soapenc_bugfix = true;
Regards,

Re: AXIS 1.2 problem

Posted by Alan Au <al...@yahoo.com>.

Re: AXIS 1.2 problem

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <at...@gmail.com>.
You need to add this parameter to your client.config:

<parameter name="dotNetSoapEncFix" value="true"/>