Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by eric b <er...@free.fr> on 2011/12/05 13:33:02 UTC

Re: [Mac OS X, Intel] some issue with Apple remote

Hi,

As you probably see, the fix I proposed has been commited into
LibreOffice.

=> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?
id=2aa52a0ae0493d6d767c57ef4975da37e9f8da10
=> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?
id=7874d95ea30e0931b7817fc4a788c3a85f279e22
=> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?
id=aaf218d025326ef54dcbc724b33666d7ddcff187
=> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?
id=b50bb4d3058456efeaaeee336f491d6447716845
=> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?
id=7afb9c0e39bf3d706ec277b44ef64d2a1445920a

So you are happy the bug is probably fixed for you ...

Unfortunaly, LibreOffice developers who did the commits, did not put
my real name as author.

Looking at http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/log/ , more
presicely all the last logs from today, as example, I see I'm the
only one who does not see his name mentionned, as author of the code.

This is everything but not respectfull, nor Free Software spirit.

Eric

--
qɔᴉɹə
Blog : http://eric.bachard.org/news

Re: [Mac OS X, Intel] some issue with Apple remote

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
On Dec 5, 2011, at 12:11 PM, Eike Rathke wrote:

> Hi Dennis,
>
> On Monday, 2011-12-05 07:38:55 -0800, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
>
>> 3. When others make use of AOOo fixes, there is sufficient information to acknowledge the source of the fix and not have incorrect designation of author by another project.  And vice versa.
>
> Which was done, just without the awkward extra step of having looked up
> a realname in the committer-index. For example,
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=2aa52a0ae0493d6d767c57ef4975da37e9f8da10
> author      ericb2 <er...@apache.org>              2011-10-30 22:59:38 (GMT)

Eric has complained about handles instead of real names before.

Perhaps he should login to id.apache.org and see how his "Full name" is set.

Regards,
Dave

Posted by Eike Rathke <oo...@erack.de>.
Hi Dennis,

Posted by "Dennis E. Hamilton" <de...@acm.org>.
 1. The public names of Apache committers are all available on this page, listed by User ID: <http://people.apache.org/committer-index.html>.

 2. Although the SVN only shows the ID of the committer, the practice at Apache is that if the author is different than the committer, the author is acknowledged in the commit message (along with bug ID, etc.).  If that has not been done in some case, it is possible to correct the log message.

 3. When others make use of AOOo fixes, there is sufficient information to acknowledge the source of the fix and not have incorrect designation of author by another project.  And vice versa.

 - Dennis

> Unfortunaly, LibreOffice developers who did the commits, did not put
> my real name as author.

Complaints to svn please -
 e.g. http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1195273

Beyond that, thanks for the fixes of course.

Cheers,

-- Thorsten

Re: [Mac OS X, Intel] some issue with Apple remote

Posted by Thorsten Behrens <th...@openoffice.org>.

Posted by eric b <er...@free.fr>.
Hi Jürgen,

Le 5 déc. 11 à 14:05, Jürgen Schmidt a écrit :

> On 12/5/11 1:33 PM, eric b wrote:
>> This is everything but not respectfull, nor Free Software spirit.
>
> i can understand you but they have at least used your username
> "ericb2" which is available from svn. Well they could have done
> more but i am not sure if that could be expected.

Well, the people who know me know I'm always glad and happy to share
my code, everytime I can. But this is not the first time : previous
one was about the ARM assembler optimisation in interlock.c for armv7
+ ISA . It was "fixed" (means my name added) after a (friendly)
discussion with Jani Monoses and Björn Michaelsen.

People should understand that volunteers like me have nothing else
than the little code they wrote, as "contribution". If the author is
not correctly mentioned, it is like it does not exist.

Regards,
Eric

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@googlemail.com>.
On 12/5/11 1:33 PM, eric b wrote:
> Hi,
>

> As you probably see, the fix I proposed has been commited into LibreOffice.
>

> =>
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=2aa52a0ae0493d6d767c57ef4975da37e9f8da10
>
> =>
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=7874d95ea30e0931b7817fc4a788c3a85f279e22
>
> =>
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=aaf218d025326ef54dcbc724b33666d7ddcff187
>
> =>
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=b50bb4d3058456efeaaeee336f491d6447716845
>
> =>
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=7afb9c0e39bf3d706ec277b44ef64d2a1445920a
>

> So you are happy the bug is probably fixed for you ...
>

> Unfortunaly, LibreOffice developers who did the commits, did not put my
> real name as author.
>
> Looking at http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/log/ , more
> presicely all the last logs from today, as example, I see I'm the only
> one who does not see his name mentionned, as author of the code.
>
> This is everything but not respectfull, nor Free Software spirit.

i can understand you but they have at least used your username "ericb2"
which is available from svn. Well they could have done more but i am not
sure if that could be expected.

Juergen