Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Artemis User <ar...@dtechspace.com> on 2022/02/24 20:24:02 UTC

Non-Partition based Workload Distribution

We got a Spark program that iterates through a while loop on the same
input DataFrame and produces different results per iteration. I see
through Spark UI that the workload is concentrated on a single core of
the same worker.  Is there anyway to distribute the workload to
different cores/workers, e.g. per iteration, since each iteration is not
dependent from each other?

Certainly this type of problem could be easily implemented using
threads, e.g. spawn a child thread for each iteration, and wait at the
end of the loop.  But threads apparently don't go beyond the worker
boundary.  We also thought about using MapReduce, but it won't be
straightforward since mapping only deals with rows, not at the dataframe
level.  Any thoughts/suggestions are highly appreciated..

Re: Non-Partition based Workload Distribution

Posted by Gourav Sengupta <go...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

not quite sure here, but can you please share your code?

Regards,
Gourav Sengupta